The Career Center offers job search assistance to current students, upcoming graduates and alumni by facilitating connections with employers and teaching individuals how to conduct effective job searches.
You can come by the Career Center during our drop-in hours: Monday-Thursday from 10am-7pm and Fridays from 10am - 3pm any day that classes are in session (appointment only when classes are not in session).
If you are seeking employment at UNC Asheville but are not a student, please contact our Human Resources Department.
Glassdoor holds a growing database of 6 million company reviews, CEO approval ratings, salary reports, interview reviews and questions, office photos and more. Unlike other jobs sites, all of this information is entirely shared by those who know a company best — the employees.
It is very important for you to educate yourself about potential scams. These are some common signs that a job is most likely fraudulent:
- The promise of a large salary for very little work - especially those that state thousands of dollars of income per month with little or no experience required
- Positions that ask you to give credit card or bank account numbers, or copies of personal documents
- Jobs that ask you to send payment by wire service or courier
- Positions in which you are offered a large payment or reward in exchange for allowing the use of your bank account - often for depositing checks or transferring money
- While there are legitimate opportunities for individuals to work from home, be sure to research the position in advance of applying
If you suspect a position is fraudulent, please contact the Career Center. If you believe you are the victim of fraud resulting from a job listing, please contact the local police as well.
Read more about scams: