The Career Center offers job search assistance to current students, upcoming graduates and alumni by facilitating connections with employers and teaching individuals how to conduct effective job searches.
Looking for on-campus jobs? Start here.
If you are seeking employment at UNC Asheville but are not a student, please contact our Human Resources Department.
The UNC Asheville Career Center is committed to bringing you the best resources available to help you in your job search. CareerShift offers the most comprehensive online resource, designed to support the #1 request of job seekers: an easy-to-use website to conduct and organize their job search.
With CareerShift, you can:
- Search, store & record job listings at all publically posted websites, company websites, and newspapers.
- Get inside contact information immediately, including email addresses, for millions of companies, even alumni, then save and manage your lists.
- Upload/ Copy and Paste as many targeted resumes and cover letters needed or upload your current documents.
- Work with the Career Center to create unlimited e-mail campaigns with your saved contacts, resumes and cover letters. You can choose to send your lists to yourself for a postal campaign.
- Campaigns are automatically saved and recorded. In "My Calendar," you can keep notes, and set reminders for follow-ups.
- Access your confidential CareerShift account from anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
How Do I Begin?
- Please log into your RockyLink account.
- Select "CareerShift " from the list of "Career Center Resources" in the banner menu item.
- Login, or create a free account by following the instructions provided.
- You will then be able to use your CareerShift account to access job & internship postings nationally and beyond.
Questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org, or call toll-free 888.232.0632.
Glassdoor holds a growing database of 6 million company reviews, CEO approval ratings, salary reports, interview reviews and questions, office photos and more. Unlike other jobs sites, all of this information is entirely shared by those who know a company best — the employees.
NACE Job Outlook
View information from National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE) on Job Outlook for 2015. The National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE) publishes an annual report of hiring trends and hiring practices of employers. Learn what qualities employers are seeking in new hires! The Career Center is a member of NACE.
North Carolina Jobs
NCWorks Online is a one-stop online resource for job seekers and employers in North Carolina. Job seekers can search for jobs, create resumes, and find education and training. Employers can find candidates, post jobs, and search labor market information.
It is very important for you to educate yourself about potential scams. These are some common signs that a job is most likely fraudulent:
- The promise of a large salary for very little work - especially those that state thousands of dollars of income per month with little or no experience required
- Positions that ask you to give credit card or bank account numbers, or copies of personal documents
- Jobs that ask you to send payment by wire service or courier
- Positions in which you are offered a large payment or reward in exchange for allowing the use of your bank account - often for depositing checks or transferring money
- While there are legitimate opportunities for individuals to work from home, be sure to research the position in advance of applying
If you suspect a position is fraudulent, please contact the Career Center. If you believe you are the victim of fraud resulting from a job listing, please contact the local police as well.
Read more about scams: