The UNC Asheville Career Center can assist you with employee recruitment and hiring. We welcome the opportunity to connect you to our students and alumni, and are pleased to market your jobs and internships to our talented pool of applicants. All of our employer services are free with the exception of our Job Fairs.
The UNC Asheville Career Center receives internship opportunities from employers in the Asheville area and beyond. This information is publicized among students through our RockyLink system and directly to academic departments. Employers may also promote internships in person at our job fairs. Serving as a clearinghouse for information on internships and other job opportunities, the Career Center can work with your organization to develop and promote internships. Please review the Checklist for Internships, a quick way to see if your opportunity meets our guidelines.
If you need assistance to post your opportunity or would like to gain a better understanding of how to develop an internship program with UNC Asheville students, contact:
Jess Kryzenske, Employer Relations Coordinator, 251.6945, firstname.lastname@example.org
Internship Resources for Employers:
- Internships 101 Employer Workshop - April 23, 2014 (Registration is required)
- Internship Guide for Employers
- Checklist for Internships (to be completed and returned to the Career Center)
- Internship Courses by Academic Department
- Unpaid Internship Criteria - US Department of Labor
- Internship Legal Issues (article)
- National Society for Experiential Education Position on Unpaid Internships
- Nonprofit Unpaid Internship information
- Sample Internship Descriptions: Education, Communications & Creative, Management & Marketing
- The UNC Asheville Career Center is a member of the National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE), which provides valuable information to our employer partners.
- UNC Asheville Facts & Figures
- Academic Programs at UNC Asheville
- Article, "Big Picture Thinking: In today's interconnected world, employers want liberal arts students who can look beyond their majors and connect the dots."
- UNC Asheville Career Center Disclaimer
From our employer partners
"[The Career Center] was instrumental in facilitating our first internship programs. [They] asked many questions to learn more about our company services in order to understand where the best fit would be. As a result, our internet marketing agency has decided to keep the program going. It is with 100% confidence that we can recommend the UNCA Career Center for directing and supporting corporate internship programs and developing careers for graduates."
Principal - Global Analytics, Element 360
“The Career Center at UNC Asheville has proved repeatedly to be a great resource for both internship and entry-level positions with the City of Asheville. We have benefitted by our partnership in many ways. The City of Asheville regularly attends the well orchestrated career fairs, participates in resume workshops, utilizes the free job posting system, and relies on quality referrals from both the Career Center and professors.”
Former Recruiting & Compensation Manager, City of Asheville
“WNC Magazine relies heavily on assistance from interns, and we are proud to have worked with many talented students from UNC Asheville. Following successful internships, several UNC Asheville graduates have even joined our team as full-time employees or in the role of contracted freelance writers or photographers. And I don’t think any of this would have been possible without the support and cooperation of UNC Asheville’s Career Center. The staff is very responsive and has done a great job connecting students with our company. Many thanks!”
Managing Editor, WNC Magazine
“UNC Asheville grads often have the flexibility skills and sense of adventure we are looking for in Peace Corps.”
Meleia Cullman Egger
Regional Recruiter, Peace Corps
“The Career Center at UNC Asheville is perhaps the best I have worked with in North Carolina. From the moment I walked in the door, their passion for their students was evident and their desire to help local employers was humbling. They made my job a lot easier. This is all evidenced in the amount of UNC Asheville students we hired: half of our opening day crew was enrolled at the school. AUTOBELL deeply appreciates the UNC-A Career Center.”
Recruiter, AUTOBELL Car Wash, Inc.
“A Partnership with UNC Asheville is a natural fit for HomeTrust Bank. The UNC Asheville Career Center helps to match top talent with great employment opportunities. HomeTrust Bank offers a better way to build a career and the relationship with UNC Asheville gives us the chance to share that opportunity with top local graduates.”
Employment Specialist, Hometrust Banking Partnership