Researching Graduate Programs
- Peterson's Education Center Helps you locate grad schools. A wealth of information on education, jobs and careers.
- Gradschools.com Online resource to help you locate graduate schools. Searchable by program and/or region.
- The Princeton Review Explore schools, careers, scholarships, and aid options
- U.S. News Graduate School Rankings
- BrainTrack College & University Directory
- MBA Explorer Access to 200 graduate business school web sites. Help with financial aid, GMAT information and online registration
- Graduate Degree Fairs for the Public Good from idealist.org
- Law School Comparison
- Business School Comparison
- Medical School Comparison
Graduate School Essay Writing
- Example of a Personal Statement
- Personal Statements & Application Essays (Writing Center, UNC Chapel Hill)
- 12 Tips for writing your essay
- Preparing to write your graduate school essay
- Drafting your graduate school essay
- Completing your graduate school essay
- Goals for Grad School Statement of Purpose
- Nationally Competitive Fellowship Programs & Other Funding Opportunities - Compiled by North Carolina State University
- External Grants and Fellowships - Compiled by Binghamton University, State University of New York
- Graduate Fellowships and Grants - Science, Math, and engineering resources - Compiled by phds.org
- Externally Funded Fellowships - Compiled by the University of Texas at Austin
- NC-529 College Savings Plan Information from the College Foundation of NC
About Online Degree Programs
Choosing an online graduate school can surface many questions. If you are considering an online degree program, it is important to compare the the schools listed on the US News and World Report E-Learning Guide to the accredited schools on the DETC website.
- Distance Education and Training Council Accrediting Commission - Visit this site for a list of all accredited DETC schools. The schools and programs listed on this website are CHEA and USDE accredited programs and schools. Please note that this above database does not list all the online programs already accredited through the Regional Institutional Accrediting Agencies (ex. SACS – Western Carolina University’s Human Resources Program). Accredited SACS schools, as well as other regionally accredited schools (ex. Middle States) offer online programs in conjunction with other programs that are accredited by CHEA and the USDE.
- The University of North Carolina Online - Your gateway to the online programs and courses offered by the 16 campuses of the University.
- Online Degree Comparison
Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA)